Shillong to Cherrapunji
• Start at 3pm from Shillong airport and reach Cherrapunji by 6pm.
• On the way to Cherrapunji we shall stop at the Mawkdok Dympep Valley.
• At Cherrapunji check into hotel.
• Briefing at 8pm for next day’s shoot plans.
• Night stay at Cherrapunji.l
• Start early morning to Kynrem falls.
• Return for breakfast and leave for Laitmawsiang.
• Lunch at Nokhalikai Falls and stay for sunset shots.
• Night stay at Cherrapunj
• After breakfast start for Seven Sisters Falls and Mawsami Cave.
• Back to Cherrapunji for lunch.
• Post lunch we start for DainThlen
Cherrapunji to Thadlaskein
• After breakfast leave for Thadlaskein.
• On the way to Thadlaskein we will stop at Tryshi falls.
• At evening, we may assemble for critique, review and post processing discussion.
• Night stay at Hotel
Thadlaskein to Mawlynnong
• Start early, on the way we will shoot Krangswi Waterfall at Amlaram.
• A brief stop on the way for breakfast.
• Reach Mawlynnong, have lunch and head for the Living Root Bridge.
• Night stay at Mawlynnong (home stay).
Mawlynnong to Shillong
• Breakfast at Mawlynnong (Asia’s Cleanest Village).
• Start at 8am for Shillong we will stop to shoot the Langkyrdem gorges.
• Reach Shillong. Tour ends.
What to Carry
• Digital SLR with kit lens
• Sturdy tripod
• Circular polariser
• Shutter release
• 4–5 lens cloths
• Backpack with rain cover
• Warm clothes / Windcheater
• Walking boots and rubber sandals
• Raincoat and umbrella
• Insect repellent
• Large, sturdy polythene carry bags
• Wide angle lens
• Normal zoom lens
• ND Grads, Solid NDs etc.
• Telephoto lens
• Laptop loaded with Photoshop
• Camera rain cover
• Head torch
• Silical gel sacks in camera bag
• All transfers by Tata Sumo or equivalent vehicle as per the itinerary.
• All accommodations according to itinerary.
• Complimentary breakfast
• Quality and professional photography guidance.
• On-field shooting & guidance.
• A fun, positive, interactive learning environment.
• Discussion on digital post processing.
• Airfare and transfer expenses to and from pickup and drop points at Shillong.
• All meals apart from mentioned above.
• Expenses for personal habits.
• Tips and gratuities.
• Anything that is not included in the Includes list (see above).
Last date of registration: 10th JULY 2016
For enquiry call: 033-30123552
1. We do not own any hotel, do not control or operate any airline/railway/any other services. Although we try our best to arrange and recommend the best services, we do not hold any responsibility for the performance of all/any of the services provided by service providers or for any dissatisfaction, delay, accidents, injuries, loss of life, property, document(s) & baggage, flight/rail delays, reservations, transportation, insurance, cancellations, suspensions or any other eventuality/irregularity and also for any consequences arising out of natural calamities, strikes, terrorism/insurgency, breakdown of any facility, act of omission and commission. It is understood that the client/s shall not bring, make or raise any action, demand or claim in any respect whatsoever against us, our employees or directors or partners or proprietor.
2. Please feel free to give us your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. In case of any claim/dispute, the Courts at Kolkata (West Bengal), India shall have sole jurisdiction.
Cancellation Charges (According to the date of the tour)
10% on or before 30 days from beginning of tour date
25% between 29–10 days from beginning of tour date
100% 10 days or less from beginning of tour date
Refund Policy :
1. No refund will be made for any unutilized or partly utilized services of any nature.
2. Any refund due to the client(s) on account of cancellation and for changes made in the booking or on any other account will take a minimum of 30 (thirty) days to be processed.
1. We reserve the right to cancel the tour before the date of departure. In such a case we shall be liable to refund only the amount paid by the client(s) without any interest.
2. No other service(s) will be provided that are not mentioned in the e-brochure issued by us.
3. Rates are subject to change without any prior notice.
4. This is a photo tour & not a photography tutorial program. Though our tour leader will extend their expertise & guidance during the tour we expect participants to have sound understanding of basic photography concept including camera operation, exposure, metering, ISO etc.
5. While all efforts are made to ensure availability/accuracy of the information through our communications or through our brochures, website etc., we accept no responsibility/liability for any errors or omissions.
· Who should go in the Photography tour?
Most locations can be accessed by road, however we may sometimes have to hike or scramble to reach a spot. The activities we have planned are within the abilities of people in moderate to good physical shape. There may be times when we shall have to shoot in the rain; count on us to help you to adapt to those circumstances.
· How do I make a payment?
Visit your nearest CAMARENA store to make it by cash or card or you can make it directly online.
Northeast India is a land of undulating terrain, with lush green plains dotted with sweeping hills, swaddled in a wraith-like mist. Translated as the abode of clouds, many have remarked upon its topographical resemblance to the Scottish Lowlands. This beautiful state, nestled between Assam and Bangladesh, is noted as one of the wettest places on the planet. Meghalaya's rich diversity of flora and fauna includes many rare species of birds and animals making the state fabulous for photography during monsoon. This trip will be centered upon chasing wild, monsoon weather over a landscape, waterfalls that cascade down deep gorges, winding through beautifully terraced fields, around stone caves and stunning rock formations. Most of all, low clouds kissing the gorges, an amazing sight to make pictures of that you will cherish for the rest of your life. We shall visit parts of the Khasi and Jaintia Hills, which are richly endowed with natural beauty. Cherrapunji, situated aloft the southern fringes of the Khasi Hills, amidst the clouds, is a mesmerising town carved out of a dissected plateau. Also known as Sohra, it is home to the Nohkalikai Falls, the tallest plunge waterfall in India. The living root bridges found in Sohra and Mawlinlong are unique in the world and an amazing sight of bioengineering to behold. The Karngsuri Falls in the Jaintia Hills are particularly beautiful and allow one to shoot from inside them with the water cascading like a curtain before you
Where: Parts of the Khasi and Jaintia Hills
When: 26 - 31 July 2016
Tour Leader: Debraj Chakraborty
Physical Requirement: Easy to Moderate