ABOUT THE TOUR
Joydip Mitra, a big name in the world of freelance photographers in India. Joydip is based in Kolkata and has taken up photography professionally in 2006. For his outstanding work in his field of photography Joydip Mitra has been honored the Commonwealth Press Union Award in 2004, Lonely Planet Millenium Photo Contest Award in 2010 and Nomination Award, Photography Grant, UK in 2015. As a professional photographer Joydip has worked for magazines like Outlook Traveler, India Today Travel Plus, Hindusthan Times, Jetwings, Better Photography, Times Journal of Photography, Auto India, and many others. He has also been working for houses like Reserve Bank of India, Maruti Udyog Limited, Bruckmann Publishing House, Germany. His published photo books include:Kolkata: Gypsy City (both text and photographs), The Golden Quadrilateral (authored by Bob Rupani, sponsored by Maruti Udyog Limited).To know more about Joydip log on to: www.joydipmitraphotography.com
Tour cost- INR 12,900/- (Rupees twelve thousand nine hundred only) + 4.63% Govt. Service tax.
Tour cost includes
1. Cost of accommodation for three nights at Camp (with private bath, bed and cooler)on twin share basis on AP (B/L/D)
2. Vehicle for all transfer, photography and sight seeing
3. Vehicle permit, toll, driver allowance etc.
4. Cost for arrangement of Chhau Dance.
5. Photography tour skipper.
Tour cost excludes
1. Air / train fare
2. Meals other then mentioned in inclusion
3. Bottled water
4. Tips or gratuities
5. Any cost of personal nature
6. Insurance of any kind
7. Cost other than mentioned in inclusion
1. The Registration would be valued only after a 100% advance of the tour cost.
2. We do not know any hotel, do not control or operate any airline / railways / any other services. Although we try our best to arrange and recommended the best services, yet we do not hold any responsibility for the performance of all / any of the services provided by service provides or for any dissatisfaction, delay, accidents, injuries, loss of life, property, documents & baggage, flight / rail delay, reservations, transportation, insurance, cancellations, suspensions or any other eventuality / irregularity and also for any consequences arising out of natural calamities, strikes, breakdown of any facility, act of omission and commission. It is understood that the client/s shall not bring, make or raise any action, demand or claim in any respect whatsoever against us, our employees or directors or Partners or Proprietor.
3. We do not carry any. Independent / additional liability to any client beyond the liability which is reimbursed to us by any hotel, airline, tour operator or other concerned agencies. Under all circumstances our liability shall be limited only to the amount received by us in this regard.
4. General cancellation charges: 10% on or before 30 days from the commencement of tour date. 50 % between 29-10 days from the commencement of tour date, 100% before 10 days from the commencement of tour date.
5. In case of any claim / dispute the Courts at Kolkata, West Bengal, India only shall have the Jurisdiction.
6. Refund: No Refund will be made for any unutilized or partly utilized services of any nature. Any refund due to the client’s on account of cancellation and for changes made in the booking or on any other account will take minimum 30 to process the refund.
7. All tours / services are subject to the rules and regulations of the company, Government of India, Reserve Bank of India or such other rules & regulations as may be applicable.
8. We reserve the right to cancel the tour before the date of departure. In such case we shall be liable to refund only the amount paid by the client’s without any interest.
9. No other service/s will be provided which are not mentioned in the inclusion part.
10. Rates are subject to change without any notice.
11. While efforts are made to ensure availability / accuracy of the information through our communications or through our brochures, website etc., we accept no responsibility/liability for any errors or omissions.
1/2C, Ballygunge Place East, Kolkata 700019, West Bengal
+91 9933160778, 9007009063+91 9831078347, 9475023808
an initiative of: Wandervogel Adventures
This tour has been specially designed for the photographers, who are keen on photographing people and culture.
Ajodhya Pahar situated in Purulia, the western most district of West Bengal. This is the land of ancient tribes like Santal, Munda, Sabar, Majhi and many more.
These tribes are practicing their deep rooted culture and vibrant art forms for generations.
The landscape is dominated by hills forest, rivers, reservoirs, waterfalls and rocky outcrops.
After being received from Barabhum railway station early in the morning,we will check in to a camp adjacent to Mathaburu, a hillock in Ajodhya Hill and Forest Reserve Area, right in the wilderness.
For next few days, we will visit tribal villages; explore the beauty of simple living.
We will spend time in workshops where artisans make Chhau masks and move round the potters wheels. We will see Chhau dance against a backdrop drawn by distant hills.
We will discuss our works every evening, look together at the best of photography and films on photographers.