1st July - Kohima
2nd July - Kohima - Dzukou Valley
3rd July - Dzukou Valley
4th July - Dzukou Valley
5th July - Dzukou - Kohima
What to Carry
Note: Travel as light as possible & carry your belongings preferably in a single backpack, avoid suitcases.
1. We do not own any hotel, do not control or operate any airline/railway/any other services. Although we try our best to arrange and recommend the best services, we do not hold any responsibility for the performance of all/any of the services provided by service providers or for any dissatisfaction, delay, accidents, injuries, loss of life, property, document(s) & baggage, flight/rail delays, reservations, transportation, insurance, cancellations, suspensions or any other eventuality/irregularity and also for any consequences arising out of natural calamities, strikes, terrorism/insurgency, breakdown of any facility, act of omission and commission. It is understood that the client/s shall not bring, make or raise any action, demand or claim in any respect whatsoever against us, our employees or directors or partners or proprietor.
2. You may be required to sign “Release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk and indemnity agreement”
3. In case of any claim/dispute, the Courts at Kolkata (West Bengal), India shall have sole jurisdiction.
Cancellation Charges (According to the date of the tour)
50% on or before 11 days from beginning of tour date
100% 10 days or less from beginning of tour date
1. No refund will be made for any unutilised or partly utilised services of any nature.
2. Any refund due to the client(s) on account of cancellation and for changes made in the booking or on any other account will take a minimum of 30 (thirty) days to be processed.
1. We reserve the right to cancel the tour before the date of departure. In such a case we shall be liable to refund only the amount paid by the client(s) without any interest.
2. No other service(s) will be provided that are not mentioned in the e-brochure issued by us.
3. Rates are subject to change without any prior notice.
4 This is a photo tour & not a photography tutorial program. Though our tour leader will extent their expertise & guidance during the tour we expect participants to have sound understanding of basic photography concept including camera operation, exposure,metering,ISO etc.
5. While all efforts are made to ensure availability/accuracy of the information through our communications or through our brochures, website etc, we accept no responsibility/liability for any errors or omissions.
Most locations can be accessed by road, however we may sometimes have to hike or scramble to reach a spot. The activities we have planned are within the abilities of people in moderate to good physical shape. There may be times when we shall have to shoot in the rain; count on us to help you to adapt to those circumstances.
Visit your nearest CAMARENA store to make it by cash or card or you can make it directly online.
Untouched by civilisation and known for its beauty, Dzkou valley derives its meaning from the Angami/Mao word which translates to "Cold Water" referring to the ice cold stream that flows through the valley. A mesmerising effect for all those who encounter it and head back home with memories to cherish. It is situated at an altitude of 2438 m above sea level, behind the Japf Peak and is sandwiched between Nagaland and Manipur. The rare Dzkou Lily is found only in this valley.
The emerald green rolling hills of Dzukou interlinked by gentle flowing streams is dominated by a tough bamboo plant for which it looks like a lawn which has been just mown, from far away. In the months between June - September the entire valley is covered with a carpet of beautiful wild flowers. This is one of the most frequented trekking destinations of North East India with great potential for nature and landscape Photography. The panoramic view from the trekkers cottages on reaching the summit is a beauty to behold and not only this, the climb and the subsequent walk via Viswema through tropical forest is a walk to remember
Where: Dzukou Valley in the south western part of Nagaland, about 30 km south of Kohima
When: 1-5 July 2015
Tour Leader: Arghya Chatterjee
Physical Requirement: Moderate